William Henry Parker was born in Ireland in 1843. He served with the Irish Police before arriving in NSW and was appointed to the NSW police force on 20 September 1866. He was promoted to sergeant on 1 February 1896, and retired on 1 August 1905. In January 1910, after he retired, he purchased land in Pleasant Avenue, Erskineville and was listed at 5 Pleasant Avenue in 1913 for many years. Parker died on 1 February 1927 at his home Gunyah, Bay Road, Oatley and was buried in Woronora cemetery. He does not appear to have married; there were no children or wife mentioned at his death.
William Henry Parker was a justice of the peace (JP).
Local government service
William Henry Parker was an alderman on Erskineville Council in 1911-16, representing Middle Ward.
‘Alderman W H Parker’, Truth, 12 October 1913, p. 11, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article168747044
State Archives of NSW, Registers of Police, 8/3251, 8/3252, 8/3253
State Archives of NSW, NRS 13660, Supreme Court, Probate Packet, Series 4 No 143065
Certificate of Title Volume 2036 folio 75, LPI